Saturday 22 March 2014

Paper piecing and cute birdie

In my addiction to ink and stamps I sometimes forget how pretty and effective paper piecing can be. I was reminded this week when searching for idea for two Mothers' Day cards, one for my Mother in Law and the second for her sister-in-law, a lady of 83 who we are taking out for lunch next Sunday.

The cute birdie stamp was an impulse buy (are there any other types?) the other week and has been sitting on my desk since I bought it, it is a Papermania, Urban Stamp. Can't remember where I got the papers as they came from my scrap box and I had just enough to make the two cards.

This card is 5inch square and I added another beak to the bird and hung the 'Happy Mothers Day card from it before scribbling round the edge of the card.


The second card uses the same stamp and the same hanging card but on a larger A5 base.   The Mum stamp and the mini heart are from another Urban Stamps sheet 'Vintage notes - sentiments'.  The heart stamp stuck to my fingertip when I took it off the backing sheet so 'instant' stamp block, must try that again. 

Paper now back in the scrap box and the inks are out again, going for a play this afternoon 

5 comments:

tilly said...

I love both these cards with the cute birdie and paper piecing
Tilly

hazel said...

Two lovely cards Ann, I think that little bird was made for paper piecing.
xxx Hazel.

cockney blonde said...

At last, the bird doth surface... Love how you've used it and love the colours, x

Hettie said...

Awww! These are so cute Ann. Love 'em!
Hugs
xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely paper piecing there Ann well done! Shaz in Oz.x