Wednesday 11 January 2012

What on your workdesk Wednesday - 136

My desk this week is a bit of a mess - so what's new? Well it's even worse that normal as I'm getting a few (a few?) bits together to make a mini-book for the 'suitcase' I made at the weekend.



We haven't been on a foreign holiday for a while now, we got Sorrel 12 months ago and before that we were due to go to Italy again but had to cancel at the very last minute because Mr B's Mum was ill (we were actually in London the night before the train journey when we turned around and came home).

 I don't fly any more (hate it) so we have been on ferries, stayed in Gites and travelled by train and coach to Italy, France, through Germany, Austria Switzerland etc and so have seen much more than you can from a plane window.  All the ephemera I have collected; tickets, drip mats, receipts, even salt and pepper packs from Eurostar have been tucked away for years waiting for the opportunity to be used.

Needs sorting out as there are at least three trips there - Tuscany, Lakes/Venice and Burgandy and maybe a bit of French Alps - all tipped out waiting for inspiration.  See if you can spot the archetypal photo of me holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it must be an age ago as I had short hair then, was a lot, lot thinner, and I'm wearing shorts!!!



This is the case - made from scratch (you can see more pictures of it on my previous post here if you like) so 'ALL' I have to do is sort out the photos, make a book, make sure it has some pockets for the little bits, maps etc, make something for inside the lid - not sure what but I fancy a criss-cross ribbon effect like a noticeboard so that I can push papers behind - make some luggage labels, add keys, charms etc (all ready in the little box under the case and that's it. - phewww!

Talking of Sorrel, which I wasn't but no matter, she went to the groomer's on Monday and came back with ribbons tied on to her collar and a pink mini bow in her hair.  I'm not very sure about this (neither was she) - as I don't like to dress up dogs but you've got to admit she does look pretty cute, if a little embarrassed.


If you see what you like and want to share in the big Wednesday desk hop, or just want a snoop around then pop over the Julia's place at the Stamping Ground where loads more desks lie waiting to be ogled.


27 comments:

Jacqui Chimes said...

That case is gorgeous - i love making minis but haven't made a container as gorgeous as this.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Sorrel's face is a picture!! She looks like she's thinking 'I'm under sufferance here..' !! Lol.
Hugs, LLJ '#26 xx

May said...

SUNNING case love it, Sorrel is soooooo cute x x x Hugs May x x

Anonymous said...

What a great desk today, the highlight for me is your little dog she is adorable with the ribbon.
Have a great Wednesday. Laura

Inkypinkycraft said...

Wow she does look cute!love the look the suitcase, what a busy desk! Hugs trace x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm totally impressed with that case. And I live in the States and hate to fly, too. But no ferry options for me!

Happy WOYWW (#3).

AerynK Designs said...

that little case is so cute!
Aeryn (25)

The Crafty Elf said...

Ohhhh, what amazing pictures and you are so fortunate to have travelled to so many wonderful places - so jealous! Tuscany is on my bucket list. Hope you share your work once it's all put together, would love to see it! Thanks for the peek and have a wonderful day! P.S. I spotted you ;)

donnalouiserodgers said...

ooh ooh a vickies stamper, love your project, thanks for coming by to see my desk,

Dxx

My name is Cindy said...

That's definitely a 'need to see what I've got' mess, neat suitcase, cute dog!! Thanks for popping by to see me today Cindy@ #52

Anonymous said...

Beautiful case and I love all your holiday snaps and ephemera just dumped on the table, looks like some fun trips. I don't usually do dogs with bows in their hair but you have to admit she looks cute!! What breed is she? Looks like she has some Bichon or something in her?

Hugs
Brenda 101

fairy thoughts said...

not sure which is cuter . . sorrell or the suitcase. I think she wins.. only just.
I think I stood in the same spot for my pisa photo!! What a great way to store your photos . . . when you eventually get them sorted out.
Ta for sharing
janet #36

Clare with paint in her hair said...

wow look at all them post cards! Love your dog and your ATC!

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Not ATC im going mad I meant to say love your case!

Mrs A. said...

Iv'e done it the other way round. coaching, ferries,trains before I plucked up enough courage to fly. Totally agree with you that you see so much more of the countries by travelling through and not over it. Have my fair share of ephemera collected over the years too. In my case its sugar packets that I have stacks of. Love the case that you have made. Sorrell looks so cute.
Hugs Mrs A. #120

Unknown said...

Oh, I would love to be a bug in your suitcase.
It should be fun putting all of those memories together.
A real keepsake!

Karen said...

I love the suitcase, its fabulous and I look forward to seeing your mini book that will go with it :) Great selection of photos on your desk as well!

I hope you had a great WOYWW, Luv Karen #164

Unknown said...

I am like you with loads of photos and tickets etc. Hope I see your case in February.I am trying to finish mine and start another. LOL
Carol x

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorrel does look cute, but perhaps don't take her out witht the bow in her hair!! I've collected like you for years. You will have fun sorting the three holidays out from all the ephemera, but allow twice as long as you think it will take!

Sarah said...

a great post and what a wonderful way to store your memories and travels! The suitcase is fab! Thanks for the peek in to your crafty space...Sarah at 6

JoZart Designs said...

You've made a great job of your case and well done for finishing. Mine had to go on hold whilst I made DDs birthday album. I too will have travel as my theme so I'll be taking inspiration from you!
Sorrel looks so sad all dolled up but she is so cute and seems back to health now too.
Love JoZarty x

Mrs A. said...

Would love to lay claim to the patchwork sewing machine cover on my desk but alas this was the one I received in a swap. My cover went to a Lady in USA and was in white /red/yellow and for a very large embroidery machine. Thanks for asking. Hugs Mrs A. #120

Katie said...

Sorrel is so cute! That case is really pretty!

Katie (159)

Hazel said...

Lots of interesting pictures and love the suitcase - thanks for the peep at your workspace(Hazel, WOYWW 67) x

Neet said...

Cute Sorrel - not too sure either but then if that is the fashion why not let her be in.
You will not believe this but I have bags of stuff just like you, not sure about salt and pepper but tickets, napkins, all kinds of stuff. Bags all over the place all ready and waiting for scrapbooking (which I do not do but intend to - for years have intended). When do I have the time to scrap?
Take care and see you soon. Hugs, Neet xx

Katie said...

I love the suitcase! Sorrel is so cute! My groomer did the same thing, which we didn't anything of when we had a girl dog, but now we have a boy, and he still gets a bandanna tied around his neck!

Happy WOYWW (on Friday)! Katie #10

bohemiannie! art said...

I'm loving the suitcase and Sorrel is adorable! Does he always travel with you?