My desk is a bit (?) of a mess this week as once more I have a few things going on, and, don't fall over with surprise, one of them is almost finished.
It's like a crafting version of I-Spy, something beginning with 'A' - Altered book. Something beginning with 'B' - button (extra points if you spot this one - clue: it's purple). Something beginning with 'C' - cup, 'D' - doll.....'F' - felt etc, etc. Also two cutters, the folder with all my altered book ephemera - at the back left - baby wipes, fabric and a bit of general mess.
Now I've said before (and I truly mean it) I'm a crafter, not an artist but yesterday, while it was pouring with rain outside I tried to create a bit of sunshine in my Altered book painting daisies freehand with acrylic paints, all done without the aid of a safety net, no drawing, just me, a paintbrush, an acrylic block and some cheap acrylic paints. Now it isn't perfect and the budding daisies must be on MiracleGrow (plant food) but I loved doing it and am pleased with how it turned out.
Here's a closer look.
The other project I'm doing is to have a go at making my own Russian doll from the pattern Judy sent me (see last week's WOYWW for a closer look at her fabulous doll. Judy paints the faces and sent me a couple to use in mine but I decided I would have a try using one of her's as a model.
Judy's is on the right and my version is wrapped in her shawl ready for sewing up. Not sure how I'm finishing her as I need to fish out beads and fibres to decorate the dress but I think now I have noticed the purple button that will go on somewhere.
That's it for this week. I managed a lot of desks last week but as I have a friend coming round this afternoon for a bit of crafting fun I'm not sure how many I'll get to today but I'll try my best to visit you via Julia's Blog frenzy.