Sunday 8 September 2013

Workshop with Lindsey Mason

It was our stamp club meeting yesterday and Lindsey Mason did a great class.  Not my usual style of stamps but I loved what she used and enjoyed myself getting my fingers a hundred shades of purple and blue (ink sprays).

We made a card background stamped first with white acrylic and then oversprayed.  The panel is on watercolour paper and I have just ordered the dragonfly stamp plate as I love it so much.


The second piece is a hanging.


Sprays again, stamped and then 'bleached' with a waterbrush before re-colouring the toadstools and fairy with Distress inks.  The toadstool stamp and leaves are Dylusions and the fairy and little mushrooms are Lavinia stamps.

Seems I'm back to full stamping strength as I cant wait to get my new stamps and get inky again.

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely Ann! I've been finishing mine off today, so hopefully I'll blog them soon!

Von said...

Lovely Ann :) can't resist a fairy
Von ☺

Elizabeth said...

Your projects are lovely Ann, and I love the dragonfly stamp too. Elizabeth xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Ann,

I like both projects. I especially like the saying on the hanging. I'm going to write that down in my journal.

I'd say you're getting inky again!

Peace,
Kay

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love them both - the dragonfly colouring is beautiful! Look forward to seeing more! Chrisx

Ann B said...

Lucky you attending that workshop and I love what you made, would love to do one in future and I know she is in Derbyshire in November but it may be a bit far for me. Saw Neet at Vicky Stampers on Saturday and she showed me the pieces she had made - love the canvas and cant wait to have a go myself.
Ann

Cath Wilson said...

Love your work from Saturday, Ann - brilliant x