Decided I needed to get a move on with the shadow box and took on board all your comments on my WOYWW post, including the hand and the background, so yesterday evening out came the paints and brushes and I covered the box and frame, scanned and enlarged the main image and stuck that down.
This was the result....
I used various acrylic paints in lime, pale green, mid green and blue, including some from Paper Artsy and some bog standard ones from the local stationers, blending and dry-brushing until I got a look I liked.
The stencil is from my growing stash from The Crafters Workshop and I sponged more acrylic through. Once dry I added touches of Viva Inca Gold, well when I say 'touches' it is more or less covered lightly. Had to work hard with this as the wax has dried out a lot but at £8 a pot no way is that going in the bin. I didn't pay full price as I got it from Lin Brown when she was closing her on-line shop.
Today was spent playing with all the junk, sorry, I meant to say ephemera, placing it roughly where I wanted it and photographing the result because I knew as soon as I started lifting them to glue I would forget what I was doing. Anyway it progressed and developed and this is the end result......
Quite pleased with the result but of course I would do it differently if I did it again (or I may just add another splash of lime in the bottom left corner and it does look better in the flesh as the colours on the first photo are more true to life.
So that's it ladies, hope she likes it.