Wednesday 5 February 2014

WOYWW 244

Wednesday again and here I am, my mojo is well and truly back after it's long rest, lets hope it continues.
So today I'm playing with Julia and friends, sharing desks, mucky, tidy, inspirational and amusing - pay your money and take your choice.

Make yourself a cuppa, settle down, leave the ironing and cleaning and start the big desk hop here at Stamping Ground but not before you have had a little peep at my desk this morning.


It was our monthly craft group meet up over at Vicky Stampers, Warrington on Saturday, a group of friends who meet up, share crafting time and good companionship on the first Saturday of each month.  This month our group did a fab mini book project led by the lovely Carol of Stamp Attack. It is only 1.5 inch by 2 inch and the covers are heaped with embossing powder before stamping.  Mini stamped pages finish of this fab project, all bound along the spine with beads and wire.  If you want a closer look there is a bigger photo in my previous post.  Carol also brought me some of her stencils, which I'm itching to use, especially the parrot one which I think (not sure about this) was designed by the lovely Jo of Jozart.  Next month we start a monthly tag swop so the red tag on my desk will be used as a template

Top of the desk is the finished journal page - I showed the blank background last week and blogged a closer look at the completed page a couple of days ago, just scroll down if you want to see it. The only other thing on my desk this week is a two year old Craft Stamper magazine as I want to try some different techniques and take part in a few more challenges, got to keep that mojo on it's toes.

Thanks for taking the time to look and for your kind and generous comments each week. Happy Wednesday.

Edit.
Oops. Thought I had blogged the mini book but I hadn't so here is a close up of it.


26 comments:

jill said...

What a good assortment of stencils Ann to use in your journal & other projects. Happy woyww Jill #35

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi Ann, I spy stencils - my favourite craft product of the moment. I know you'll have fun playing with those! GORGEOUS mini book - and wow that IS mini! Thanks for your visit, have a creative week. MMx #40

Annie said...

Oh Ann that mini book is really gorgeous.
Hugs,
Annie x # 45

lisa said...

You have some lovely looking stencils there, Ann. I'm loving playing with them at the minute, there are so many lovely ones aren't there!
Your mini book is beautiful.
Hugs Lisax #54

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh that mini is gorgeous - and soo tiny - I don't think my fingers are thin enough! How lovely and creative you all get at Vicky Stampers. Happy to see you after your rest, hope the Mojo lasts long and fruitfully!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I laughed at your Monkey arms comment on my blog! We can form a club then because sleeves never fit me properly, they're always halfway up my forearm!
That mini book is so gorgeous, a real little treasure. I love it!
Hugs, LLJ 33 xx

sandra de said...

The mini book is simply stunning. Love what you have created.
Sandra @59

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Your mini book is so pretty, and a real work of art. It must have taken a lot of patience. Thank you for your visit and, yes, I do have a lot of Clarity stamps. I have tried other stamps but have now ended up getting rid of almost all but my Clarity ones. They are so robust and you can even iron Angelina fibre on them. a lot of them also now have masks and stencils that work with them, and the different sets all work together. Hope you have a great time this week while your mojo is in full flow. xx Maggie #3

Anne said...

Love, love , love the mini book it's gorgeous. Anne x #63

Claire Grantham said...

Hi Ann, thanks for swinging by earlier. I love stencils right now and yours are very cool. The mini book is amazing! Cx #38

Twiglet said...

What a beautiful tiny mini book - a real little work of art. x Jo

JoZart Designs said...

Your mini book is super and I missed being there with you all. I'll be at the next one for sure.
Yes! the parrot stencil is a design that was to be a silhouette stamp and Carol asked me if she could make a stencil and a mask from it. I drew it a couple of years ago and had forgotten all about it.
Jo x
Redanne and possible Lynne Doodly Bird will be there tomorrow and I've suggested a meet up for coffee at the front at 12 noon. Hope you make it!
Jo x

Helen said...

had a look back at the journal - love that underwater-scape!! Your mini book is fabulous too - very creative! Helen 7

famfa said...

very beautiful mini book. i would happily make you a hat anytime.
famfa 5

Judys Lace Creations said...

I LOVE stencils. Found a poster/display book on sale recently and all my stencils fit into it, rather than getting tangled in a box.

LOVE this mini book.Gorgeous!!
Judy #13

sara j said...

Oh Anne, the book is stunning. What a great idea to make it a piece of jewelry. And what fun to play iwth your friends on the same project. I've yet to develop that in my life, so may be a tad bit jealous. I also think your journal page is the perfect underwater world. Loving the colors and espeically your borders. The pop of white is very effective.
Thanks for visiting the Fun Room
Sara J #50

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh! Lovely stencils! You must have had a great time! Love your mini book. Chris#70

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh! Lovely stencils! You must have had a great time! Love your mini book. Chris#70

Unknown said...

Oh Ann, I love little books. Your is darling. The embossing really looks beautiful. I will have to check this out when I can. Your desk is always so interesting.

fairy thoughts said...

Your little book looks fabulous its looks like a great group you go to. so m
so much to see on your desk thanks for sharing
janet #8

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Ann...well I don't know what just came over me...maybe your mini album; I did a small "birthdays" album for my daughter's 18th- 10 years ago and now she has a baby girl...I told her of an idea of a "first year" book for Sophie but I didn't get a yes yes!! response........so now I've just decided to make my own for Sophie and then I can give it to her some time down the track. I've already been rummaging through my papers and put aside quite a few....thank you:-) Cheers and have a super dooper week RobynO#16 ps great stencil loan and love your mini book

Dawn's Stamping Garden said...

Hello Ann! Love the mini album. I may try that :). Your desk looks terribly neat for a lover of messy things - it's so nice when it's cleaned up for the next project! Have a great week! Thanks for letting me stop by.
Dawn#103

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Great mini book and I love the Stencils on your desk. Peg R 25

Neet said...

Sounds as if you are having a lovely time, so glad your mojo has come back.
What a lovely project you seem to have made, now I just need to seed one in the flesh so to speak and I will know what you did.
I will be right on time with the tag now A is adorable is it not?
Thanks for the visit earlier.
Hugs, Neet xx 22

BJ said...

Your mini book is divine BJ#73

Anonymous said...

Glad the mojo is back in full force Ann (I saw the Alice tag on the way in). I remember those socks you were knitting too!! You MUST finish them, you don't want me to send the sock police after you do you, lol!!

Hugs
Brenda 6