Wednesday 31 August 2011

What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday - 117

I have a confession to make, well it isn't really my confession but Mr B's - he smokes!
Lots of bad things associated with smoking, least of all the money he could save (and I could spend) if he stopped.  On a positive note at least I get these great tins to alter.


Takes a lot of gesso to cover that warning but I managed it and this is what is on my workdesk this week looking a lot different now.



I used some great little tester pots of emulsion from Wilkinsons, chipboard shapes and some Crafty Individuals stamps for the border. 

I am still working on the inside - concertina book thingy - and have to finish it this week as it's for my niece's birthday soon.  Still playing about with the book pages as you can see from my desk.


You can see inside the lid on the rhs and lots of Crafty Individuals images, bits of ephemera, pearls, twine, postage stamps and a lovely coppery coloured strip of german scrap.  I have to play a bit more with the pictures to make sure I don't end up with all of the ladies staring at the back of each other's heads, or facing away as though they have had a big row.

We are off to North Wales for a week on Saturday so not much on my desk next Wednesday, apart from all the jumpers I leave there when the weathermen predict a heatwave and I have to repack my case on Friday evening (I live in hope). 

Well I'm off to have a good nose round the lovely Julia's blog at the other WOYWW and share this week's crafting vibe - how 70's is that?

16 comments:

Sarah said...

the tin is just lovely, great colour and design! Love that crackle...
Thanks for the peek! Sarah (at 4)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

North Wales... heatwave??? LOLOLOL I do admire your optimism and sense of humour :D Hope you have a lovely holiday whatever the weather! Hugs, LLJ xx

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely to see art in progress, Ann and some lovely artwork, too. Beautiful tin and the pages look wonderful x

ScrappnBee said...

WoW! The difference in the the box is truely amazing! You are SO talented! Enjoy your holiday starting on Saturday! Thanks for sharing your WOYWW- Amanda

Karen said...

Very clever, really outside the box (no pun intended!). Looking forward to the contents appearing soon. Enjoy WOYWW!

JoZart Designs said...

Well keep on smoking MrB!! That's a wonderful result from his habit!
Love Jo x

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann. Lovely altered tin. What a transformation. Enjoy your trip to North Wales. Lucky you! I bet the countryside will be beautiful this time of year.
Regards Florence x

Cathy said...

Fab creative desk, and I love that altered tin. Hubby used to smoke those, and we have lots of tins around that he keeps for mixing paint in ... wonder if I can get my mits on one!! Happy WOYWW.
Cathy xx

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

You did a fab job on the box! My hubby smokes too and all I can think of is what a waist of money. :)

JoZart Designs said...

What a larf... but no ... keep thinking! The mystery is still that...
Jo x

Tertia said...

That box looks great! My hubby stopped smoking on the 26th of May when he had a massive heart attack. Lets hope yours stop before the heart attack.
Happy WOYWW

cockney blonde said...

Love the tin. Can he smoke some more so that more tins become available for friends of Mrs. B???
BTW I did leave a congrats on your original CI post, hope you saw it, x

Unknown said...

Ditto on the above comment.
My husbands cigars come in a flimsy box!
I hope you show the book when you finish.
Not sure I have seen one.
Safe trip.

hazel said...

A beautiful tin Ann.
xxx Hazel.

Neet said...

See, smoking is not all that bad is it? Not when it provides Mrs B with those lovely tins to weave her magic crafty fingers around.
Hope you get your wish re the weather - we could all do with it up north.
Thanks for the good wishes and thanks for the snoop. Hugs, Neet x

AerynK Designs said...

Very cute tin, I love the repurposing!