Gave myself a good talking to this morning and got cracking on the first of two boxes I'm decorating for my nieces. They have been sitting on my desk for two weeks and I had failed to make any progress as whatever I did didn't work out right.
Getting desperate as Christmas is getting ever so close and I've only made one card so far - that was this afternoon as well and I was struggling getting a good image on the wooden boxes. A huge thanks to Paula of Ephemera's Attic who very generously gave me some advice about preparing the surfaces and hey presto, I have one stamped box.
Painted with emulsion from Wilkinson's (matchpot) and stamped in Archival - thanks Paula - and finished with a coat of matt medium.
Here is the top view with a bit of randomly added bling. Now all I have to do is add the chocolate coins and get my thinking cap on for the second one - I'm thinking peacock colours and feathers.
PS. Nieces are 25 and 19 but it's become a family tradition that they get the chocs in a different decorated container every year