Sunday 1 January 2012

***!!***Happy New Year***!!***

The festivities are almost over for this year so I am taking the opportunity to say thanks to those who helped and encouraged me when I first started my blog , to my followers, your kind comments gave me the warm feeling of friendship; to fellow WOYWWers for sharing stories, inspiration and craft spaces neat, tidy and messy (I love them all) with a special thanks to Julia for organising the weekly desk hop; to those who have offered blog candy (have enjoyed the excitement of joining in even if I didn't win) and to all you hard working challenge organisers for getting my bum into gear and inspiring me to actually do something on weeks when I just felt like hibernating.

As I write this (6:30pm) Mr B is cooking our supper, he loves to cook and I love to eat so that works out well, Sorrel is sleeping on my chair - she has today worked out how to get up on the bed and now owns the whole house. She is tons better by the way, tummy bug in retreat and my bank balance seriously depleted by vet bills.

I'm doing this as a scheduled post with a glass of Rose in my hand because (fingers crossed) I will be tucked up in my bed fast asleep at midnight with earplugs in to deaden the sound of any fireworks. Well that's the plan but as Sorrel is not too happy with the noise I have a feeling we will all be up with the TV on full sound and a glass of Irish wiskey - us, not the dog, I know she's the boss of the house but I draw the line at that.

Oh, and I hope my sister doesn't decide to ring us at 12:05 to wish us Happy New Year.

She did that a few years ago, we were asleep (real party-poopers at our house), woke up thinking if the phone was ringing it was bound to be bad news, ran to get the phone, hit the door frame with my head and ended up with a black eye, so whatever you are doing, stay safe and enjoy, and a happy and peaceful 2012 to all of you and don't phone your sister.

UPDATE (13:30)
Surprisingly we managed to stay up until 12:30 last night.  Lots of fireworks round-about but they died down at 12:30.  Sorrel was in her crate from 10:00 and managed very well.
My sister didn't ring me -  she was at the walk-in centre yesterday evening after falling over the vacuum cleaner and fracturing her elbow.  Just back from visiting her and she is fine, although sore and a bit groggy from lack of sleep.  Good start to 2012 for her then.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a gal after my own heart ! I am listening to the symphony from New York Philhormonic. After they drop that ball at Times Square at 12:00 (11:00 our time), I will be snuggled in. Hubby is already snoring. I don't get all the hoopla like I did when we were younger and able to stay up and celebrate. I enjoy checking in on you to see what you are up to. Keep up the good work.